Author: Unknown, Date Published ( 2011), Title of article: Chemical Formula for Vinegar, Title of Website:
Chemical Formula, Retrieved date : September 26th, From URL: http://www.chemicalformula.org/vinegar
Author: Kay Wagers, Date Published: (2012), Title of article: Toxicity of Househould Bleach, Title of
website: ehow, Retrieved date: September 27th,
From URL: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7927928_toxicity-household-bleach.html
Author: Mat Petryni, Date Published( 2011), Title of article: The Effects of Household Bleach on the
Environment, Title of website: ehow, Retrieved date: Sept 27th, From URL: http://www.ehow.com/list_6566802_effects-household-chlorine-bleach-environment.html
Author: Unknown, Date published (2010), Title of article: What are the Advantages of Using Vinegar for Cleaning, Title of website: Vinegar Works Wonders, Retrieved date: October 2nd,
From URL : http://www.vinegarworkswonders.com/faqs.asp
Author: Alexsis Writing, Date Published (2009), Title of article: Health Risks from Using Chlorine Bleach,
Title of website:ehow, Retrieved date: October 2nd,
From URL: http://www.ehow.com/list_6512683_health-risks-using-chlorine-bleach.html
Monday, 8 October 2012
- It is more green alternative to using bleach to clean your home.
- It is edible and biodegradable, so it is safer around kids and better on the environment.
- Does not contain any harmful toxics.
- Is a simple all-purpose cleaner, so it is a very versatile product.
- Inhaling or ingesting it will cause no harm.
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria.
- High bacterial reduction after cleaning with white vinegar.
- A much safer cleaner for the envrionment and around you familey members.
- Can use to clean many things in the houshold , like cleaning windows ,getting stains out etc.
- Does not kill all harmful germs.
- Only kills 80% of germs and 82% of mold.
- Getting vinegar in eyes will cause them to become red and irritated.
- Can't clean hardwood and waxed floors, to take the odours out of carpets and stone surfaces.
- Bleach is a very toxic substance and has harmful chemicals.
- If bleach is mixed with any acid (ammoinia,vinegar,toiletbowl cleaner), it will create toxic chlorine gas which will attack your eyes, lungs and throat.
- Bleach is corrosive .
- Chlorine bleach can create VOC's in the environment.
- The persistance of chlorine bleach in the environment.
- Can be harmful to fish and wildlife.
- If large amount of chlorine bleach is swallowed it can cause serious hypochlorite poisoning, which consists of coughing, red eyes, vomitting, blistering on the skin or death.
- Cleaning with bleach in your houshold may irritate a family members asthma or allergies .
- if you have children, they should never be near this
- -Bleach kills 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and mildew.
- - It is effective against most common pathogens like
- Tuberculosis, hepatitis B and C and fungi.
- -Bleach is one of the only household cleaning
- materials regulated by EPA.
- -Kills many microorganisms responsible for many foodbourne illnesses
- - Is a very effective disinfectant in the household.
Sunday, 7 October 2012
Although bleach may have some dangerous effects on the environment and on human health, noone can deny that it is a very effective cleaner. The American Chemistry Council states that the use of chlorine bleach as a medical disinfectant was first recorded in Austria 1847. Medical staff used it to kill " childbed fever" that spreaded through the maternity wards. The article " How Bleach Works" by Melissa Sandoval, states that chlorine bleach kills dangerous bacteria and viruses on surfaces. The article " What Are The Advantages of Using Bleach as a Disinfectant" by Shailynn Krow states that bleach kills 99.9 % of bacteria, viruses, mold/mildew. It is effective against most common pathogens, like tuberculosis, hepatitus B and C, and fungi. Bleach is one of the only houshold cleaning materials regulated by EPA ( U.S Environmental Protection Agency). This means that bleach has been tested and shown to kill microorganisms responsible for many foodbourne illnesses. The reason bleach is such an effective cleaner is because bleach quickely reacts with microbial cells to eliminate pathogens. Also, the sodium hypchlorite in bleach causes proteins to lose their structure, and these proteins are important for bacterial growth,so it kills bacteria, a research from the University of Michigan reveals. An experiment performed by students from the University of North Carolina showed that Clorox (chlorine bleach) was able to effectively eliminate all human pathogens and antibiotic resistant bacteria included in the experiment, like poliovirus, while vinegar was less effective.In conclusion, bleach is a very good disinfectant .